Week #99 2 Peter 1:3-8

Hello! 

I had a wonderful week here in Vienna. I was talking with Elder Parker about it and we realized how easy it is to forget how good we have it. I realized that a lot more this week. 

The zone itself is doing great. We are finding more people to teach and that is helping our other numbers grow. I also feel like we are seeing more ways to recognize success in our work. A lot of the missionaries here are working way hard and setting a good example for me. 





We met a cool guy named Viktor this week. He was open to the Restoration and he asked if miracles still occur today. It was cool to help him see how God is still aware and involved in our lives. A lesson we had yesterday had a different feeling. It turned more into a philosophy discussion and he pushed us hard to ask ourselves the big questions again and to really think about what we believe. I don't think he realized that we really do that but we will explain that better next time. I have met a lot of people who doubt our belief because we have grown up in it. They have a point that it is easier with family but I have also seen in my mission  that keeping the faith requires a lot of study, obedience, and patience that can only be done for myself. It was something I did not realize at home but I am glad I learned it here. 

This week I was reading in 2 Peter 1 and Peter lists a good amount of Christlike attributes(Knowledge, patience, and virtue) that will help in life and then he gives this promise:

For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I know that one of the best things in life is a knowledge of Jesus Christ and that as we try to develop more of his attributes, we come to see Him as He is. I would invite you all to read the reference and to see how these attributes will help you come closer to Christ! 

Bis nächste Woche!

Elder Evans 

Selfie with Elder Howell after a lesson

Selfie after spot lesson

Making curry

Making Weibwrst

Comments

Popular Posts