Week #2 Hallo meine Famile und meine Freunde!

Hope all is well with you guys. England MTC is quite an experience, especially since I am learning German. It is kind of unreal being here and doing the work but it is so exciting! 

There is so much to cover and I do not know where to start. The days kind of drag on but I feel like P-day was just yesterday. Anyway, there is a lot of work to do as a missionary. We have class, physical activity, teaching appointments, study time, and much more. I have memorized the 42 principles from PMG lessons (English, of course) and I find that it helps a lot. There is a lot to cover with an investigator and to know what doctrine needs to be taught really helps. Learning German is complicated but I am catching on. The gift of tongues is real! I could never learn German this fast but now that I am doing the Lord's work, I feel like there is someone or something helping me from the other side in this learning process. 

Food is decent here, to be honest. It isn't first class of course but Europeans do not cook their meats and other foods with enough salt. It took a bit of adjustment but I am doing better now. Beef is kind of weird. Pasta is the best. I miss pizza, like American pizza. The pizza they make here is not as good. There is a bakery in town where all of the food is one pound a piece. It is decent for what it is worth. I am lucklier than Elder Keir though. He was a vegetarian at home and now he is training himself to eat meat. He is also allergic to dairy so alfredo sauce, desserts, and just cereal with milk doesn't work with him. Yeah, I am lucky when it comes to food. I drink a lot more water but I also drink this European soda, Dandelion and Burbank (I think it is Burbank, I might be wrong). It is a lot like Root beer but a bit more tart. I really do enjoy it. 

Driving here is weird. I went to the doctor so I could get a prescription slip I could use in Europe and being on the left side of the road is weird. Really weird. Round-abouts are complicated and people speed a lot. I saw President Bunker (the MTC president) get into his car and I was curious why he was getting into shotgun. Yeah, I forgot their driving wheel is on the right side. England is just weird that way. 
(Elder Palfreyman, Elder Keir, Elder Hansen, Elder Howell, Elder Wiser, Elder Evans)

Mason and his district in Chorely on P-day! 

We got to go to the temple again! On Friday, we got to do another endowment session which was awesome! It is closing for cleaning so P-Days feel longer now. The Pageant is almost ready. It is the beginning of August and the ampitheater is huge. I will include a picture. 


To be honest, I love teaching lessons. Even though it is in a different language, it is a good feeling to be a representative of Jesus Christ. Elder Keir and I taught for twenty minutes the other day, all in German! It felt like an accomplishment because of the little German we know. Elder Keir is awesome! He loves to teach as well and loves to talk to people. I am glad he is my companion. 

On a spiritual note, I wanted to talk about something I noticed in my scripture study. I have been reading in the book of John recently and I have noticed how much Christ glorifies his Father and how he talks about doing His Father's Will. It was a reminder to me that this is not my work. It is His Work and His Glory. I am glad that I am here to serve and become closer to Christ every day.

Love you all! I will talk to you guys later!
Elder Evans

A view of the ampitheater that is going to be used for the British Paegant the first two weeks of August.  The missionaries in the MTC get to be part of the production.

A view of the grounds at The Preston MTC 
A view of a nearby English neighborhood 

President Hinckley's mission plaque that is displayed in the England MTC
He served in Preston England, British Isles Mission 1933-1935

Comments

Popular Posts