Week #95 You don't know the good you do!

Well, I will be starting my last transfer tomorrow and it should be a blast. Sadly Elder Howell will be leaving but he has a new assignment in Munich and I am sure he will do well. My new companion will be Elder Parker. He was my companion during my 1 week in Lahr. I am so excited to serve with him again. He is such a cool guy and hard working. I am looking forward to finishing strong. 

A cool story from last week. We have been trying to do a member street display with the stake and the last 2 times have felt unsuccessful. During a priesthood session, a young man shared in his talk about attending the street display and receiving an answer to prayer that he should serve a mission. I did not realize how the experience helped him but he is more excited for the mission and he is preparing to send his papers in soon. I am sure he will be great. Moral of the story- You might not realize the good that come from your efforts. 

We had an awesome meeting Sunday night. 5 new converts shared their stories on how they came to join the church. The gospel is so valuable to them and they were so grateful for missionaries who took the time to find them. All of the missionaries mentioned had been home for awhile and might not have known how much they helped someone out. I have learned there is more joy in serving and forgetting if we ever get recognized. Just find joy in serving others and God. 

Pictures of the new converts 



Our friend Reza is making progress slowly but surely. He got an answer that he should be baptized but then he decided not to come to church. Kind of disappointing but we are seeing him on Friday so hopefully we can work towards a new baptismal date.  

We also attended a baptism for the Wien 4 Elders this week and it was wonderful as usual. It is such a big decision and most new converts I have met make it with a lot of humility. It is wonderful to serve a mission. 

Good bye picture with good friend Elder Mogensen

I am just full of gratitude this week for the mission. Sure it was hard but that brought me closer to my Savior and it turned out to be worth it. I would not trade this for anything. 

Love you all! Have a fantastic week a 

Elder Evans 





Elder Howell

American bread!


Silly picture with Elder Koch (last pday)

A kind member likes to give us Coke, pickles and orange juice.  We are well stocked! 

Comments

Popular Posts