Week #1 England MTC

Hi Everyone! 


Hope everything is going well for you guys! England is wonderful! Green hills and blue skys! Even cloudly skies are beautiful. I can breathe well here and the MTC is gorgeous. It is not very big. There are only about fifty five missionaries here and I am here for six weeks. Greek is here for nine weeks!  I am glad that I get to teach in German ;)

(The England MTC)

(MTC group photo, Look for Elder Evans in the middle)

Where to begin... It has been a wonderful week. It was a long flight to Manchester but I slept well. I slept the most out of all of the missionaries. There are so many cool people coming to this MTC. We hanged out in the airport for three hours because some flights came late. We had an orientation and stuff. President and Sister Bunker (The MTC president and his wife) are so cool. They are so devoted to the Lord and are amazing people. The teachers here are...interesting. It is hard to get to know them because they are busy people and they know our German is not great. Despite that, Bruder Hladky and Robertson are two sweet guys. Robertson is quiet but hilarious. Hladky is engaged to one of the Greek teachers. They believe in us so that helps when German is hard. 

Speaking of German, it is so much harder than I thought. There are so many rules that I do not know, words I do not know, and so much I want to say. Gift of Tongues is real! We have prayed, testified, and taught four lessons in German this week! We are learning really quick and I am learning a lot about myself. I love to work and it helps me with the stress of the language. The MTC is hard and busy but I love it! 
(His district's classroom)

A little bit about our investigators. We have Masud and Sascha. Both guys are played by our teachers but the real Masud and Sascha were taught by them so they know how to play the part. We committed Masud to baptism yesterday and he is coming to church on Sunday! We did it in German which proves how much the Lord's hand is in this work. Sascha is new to us but we committed him to pray every day. We will see what he does. I know it is weird to roleplay but we pray and work for them anyway. The Spirit is still in it even though it is not real. I love to teach and I am really excited to go to the Alpenlandische mission!

A little bit about my companions. My main companion is Elder Keir. He is a Scottish triplet. He is a funny guy and tells a lot of jokes. His accent is wonderful! I am really blessed to have him as a companion. Elder Howell, Wiser, Hansen, and Palfreyman are part of my district as well as Sister Dautel and Sister Israelsen. We bonded quick in our small classroom which is where we spend most of our time. I feel like I have known these people for a long time but it has only been a week! That is the kind of feeling you get at the MTC. 

(Mason and his companion Elder Keir, a triplet and a twin!)

I can exercise in the gym, the chapel, or they take us to a park. The food was rough at first; my stomach struggled but I am great now. There are three other elders in my district, all in Alpine. Elder Hansen, Palfreyman, and Keir. Howell and Wiser are in another room but they also go to Alpine. Love them all.

We went to the Preston temple today! It is beautiful! The temple is small but it testifies that the Church is true wherever you go. We went into Chorley today as well. We wear regular missionary attire. I cannot proselyte because I am not here to stay but I can talk to people. The looks people gave us were kind of odd. Very few people would talk to us or say hi back. It is fine. The right people will listen and it just takes time. 

(Alpine district at the temple)

(some of the Elders at the MTC)

(The MTC is on the temple grounds so lots of pictures of the temple)

 I have a tablet and a bluetooth keyboard so an hour is plenty of time for me to write an email. Also, we can use the hour whenever on P-Day and we can split it up. That means my email are not going to be on a routine. It might be different. The temple closes soon so we will have more time. 

Ich weiss das Gott liebt seine Kinder. Ich weiss das Jesus Christus ist Sohnes Gott. I weiss dass Das Buch Mormon wahr ist. Thomas S. Monson ist ein Prophet Gottes. I liebt Gott und Jesus Christus. In die Namen Jesus Christus, Amen. 

Love you all! I hope you guys have a great week. 

Elder Evans

Mason says: "Smiles every day:)"

 View of the Pond...Legend is President Hinckley regrets the pond because it is too romantic for the Elders and Sisters ;)

View of my new home....Mom,  I thought you would like to see this. 


From mom: Our family had seen the video of his mission companion opening his mission call with his triplet brothers as it went viral around the time Mason got his call.  We wondered if Mason and him would become companions, and low and behold they did!  I had to see it again when they became companions, and oh that accent!!!  


Comments

Popular Posts