Week #94 Cleansed by Repentance

Man I need to improve my memory because every time I write this, I have to look at the calendar and ask myself what happened this week. It was good and busy but it is all blending together. 

We met a guy this week who gave us some interesting opinions but then we got talking about the mission and I was able to tell him about Landon serving a mission in Chile. His first response was " Wow, that's cool! You should go there because there is probably more success." My answer surprised me because I believed it but I never said it out loud before. "It is just an honor to represent this Church and Jesus Christ.  We serve where we are called and do the best we can." I have learned no call is a bad luck call. Every calling has reasons and a plan behind it. I am just grateful I get to serve. 

Elder Lehmann and I


We did a Book of Mormon street display this week. We printed out pages of the Book of Mormon and invited people to mark where it talked about God and Jesus Christ. I think people enjoyed it a lot more than usual and it was a positive experience. We will probably do it more often in the future. 

I got assigned this week to lead a discussion in District Council about a talk from President Oaks, " Cleansed by Repentance." As I read and studied, I learned how much has been invested in our chance to repent. Christ made it possible for everyone. We just have to choose to do now and to not procrastinate. It also takes more faith than I realized. We really have to believe that Christ's power is real and that He can do what He says He will. The more I am on the mission, the more I realize how connected the Gospel really is. 

Have a great week! 

Elder Evans 

Picture of me and Elder Howell at a member appointment


Screenshot of us making a video for the Zone

Funny face at the end of the day

I sad down and I broke part of my bed...:(


Comments

Popular Posts