My Journey Home

Mom picked me up after all the other missionaries left. 





I got to take a few pictures with some of my heroes: Mom, President Brown, and Sister Brown. It was a strong reminder of how the Lord puts good examples in our path if we are looking for them.


Munich Chapel

I attended some awesome meetings during my mission at this chapel such as Zone Conference or MLC. It is also where I had my interview with Elder Sabin. While we stopped by, I realized that I forgot to leave some paperwork with the Office. We drove by their mailbox and left it inside.




Vienna 

After driving for a few hours, we arrived in Vienna. It felt a bit weird because Vienna was the last city I was in before coming to Munich. This meant I got to run into some old friends and I still remembered a lot of places we could visit


Filling up my water bottle. These pumps kept me hydrated during my time in Vienna



 We tried to visit a concert at the Schonbrunn Palace but we got there too late. It was still awesome to go there with Mom. 


Mariahilferstrasse- A big finding street in Vienna


Our Street Display bike





A monument to Mozart


This was not planned but I worked out. The middle guy was my former companion Elder Parker. The other guy is Elder Kuttler. He has replaced me in my last two areas (Innsbruck and Wien 2)

The Hansens- A senior couple in Vienna



My last apartment on the mission

This was the U Bahn. I rode in this U Bahn every day to go out to work


Stephansdome! 







Another street car that I rode in often



Another visit to the Schonbrunn Palace


The Vienna Library (I never went here as a missionary)


Hallstatt Austria: One word could describe this place- beautiful












Feeding the ducks 









View from our hotel

Salzburg:  


I sent this picture to Landon over WhatsApp. He did not appreciate the lederhosen.






The courtyard from the Sound of Music


So this was interesting... The Sound of Music tour was in English led by some middle aged Austrians. They joked in English with us but often spoke to each other in German to complain about the customers. The awkward thing is I understood them whenever they spoke. I did not say anything but I was tempted to. 





Some awesome Ap

I did a bit of finding in this city on exchanges. Sometimes I can't believe that I got to visit some of these places



Beautiful scenery all over Austria: 





Innsbruck, Austria


I spent over four months in Innsbruck. The ward was small so I got to know the members here well




The middle guy is Elder Bushman. We were companions after an emergency transfer. He was a really good missionary. The other guy was new and I did not know him very well


Johanna Egger, one of the funny kids in the Innsbruck ward

The Egger Family. They do so much for the ward. I will always be blessed for their examples

Julian Egger, Johanna's father. One of the best member missionaries I know


Our small finding street in Innsbruck. I spent many long hours here trying to find people. It might not have been the most effective but I feel like I did my best to just serve



The Golden Roof- A big tourist attraction



My apartment in Innsbruck





Neuschwanstein and Hohenschwangau Castles




So I think this is the lake where Ludwig I died...







Ulm, Germany
My first finding street. It was the beginning of many finding hours

This was where I did my first contact. It is not far from our apartment

Long story with this picture. We were uploading our Area Books onto our tablets. My trainer was busy doing something and I took the time to look around. I was overwhelmed and I was asking myself "What am I doing?" I came here two years later with Mom, grateful that I did come and that I did serve. I hope I can look back at this picture and remind myself that it is possible to get through hard times as long as we rely on the Lord. 

My first missionary apartment



The Ulm Cathedral. This tower is one of the tallest in the world



It might be good to mention that I am scared of heights... I did this climb three times








Dachau Concentration Camp Munich, Germany

My experience at this place was absolutely eye opening. It is hard to imagine that human beings could treat others so terribly. It came to the point that I could not stand being there anymore because of how awful I felt. The following pictures show how awful it was for the prisoners to live here




Leaving Germany
Arriving at the airport. It was nice to know that I got to go home but I was already missing my Mission



London: 

l
Changing of the guard at the Buckingham Palace



The Doctor Who Box

Fish and Chips


Tower of London









Protests seem to be happening all the time


Big Ben was under construction



The visitors center

The Hyde Park Chapel

I wanted to take this picture to remind myself why I came on the mission. It was nice to see the beautiful cities and the Alps but nothing was worth more than coming closer to Jesus Christ. Talking about Him every day reminded me constantly of how much I need Him. He is the reason why we serve. No matter where, no matter when. We serve missions because of the hope He offers us and can offer all of God's children. I am so grateful for my two year mission in Europe because of what it did to strengthen my testimony of Jesus Christ. 

Comments

Popular Posts