Week #84 Faith is Power!

I thought I would send out a nice weekly email really quick...It is cool that I get to talk to you guys. 

Anyway, life in Wien is good. It has been interesting to be here again because the Area is familiar but new ward, companion, zone, assignment has made a whole different experience. I live in a 4 man apartment actually. It has been interesting to have more than 1 roommate. I have Elder Howell, Woldberg, and Lehmann. Way good guys. I am happy to be in a fun apartment. 

We had to do a bit of office work this week. I have been complying a list of new converts in the Vienna Stake and we also have been planning an initiative for the zone. The goal is to get the most people to church as possible. We will measure invitations since it is something we can control. There were some other things to do at the computer as well so it has been a unique week in that sense. 

A shot from behind.

We still have been doing missionary work though. One guy named Leo has been doing interviews with us about our work and he even joined us on the street. We have had some cool discussions with him. One was faith is a power. It is something that motivates us to do things that we would not normally do. I would let that describe my mission. When I get approached with a new challenge, I try to remember who I put my faith in and how I want to follow Him. Faith is such an interesting concept but it is so important. 

A screenshot of a video we made for the zone

Anyway, we have also been meeting with two people named Enoch and Rachel. Both are very religious but they want to know our side before they make any judgement calls. We have talked a lot about priesthood authority and I have had to pull out the Bible a few times to show why we believe what we believe and why we do what we do. I think they are slowly understanding why we value priesthood authority so much. They may not agree but they understand. We talked about baptism but they want to read the Book of Mormon first before any decisions. 

This next week should be great. MLC and zone conference. We have a training to plan and still have the regular missionary life. Good things to come for sure. 

Life is good being a missionary. Good does not disqualify the hard but it still can be good. All depends on attitude and perspective. I love this work and I know that the Lord leads His work. 

Bis zum nächsten Mal! 

Elder Evans 

A phone case the mission made for us

Comments

Popular Posts