Week #81 I Know in Whom I Trust

What a week! 

We had an exchange in Salzburg on Wednesday. I have worked there once before and I was with Elder Steinmann again. I also got to see Elder Hansen for a bit. We did a bit of finding and we just did what we were supposed to. I learned a lot from Elder Steinmann, who actually goes home in a couple of weeks. And then later that night we made it back to Innsbruck. It was quite a trip but we made it! 

We met again with Nikolas on Thursday. He is doing alright. Sadly he did not come to church but we plan on continuing to visit him every 2 weeks. We are hoping in a couple of months that he can go to the temple to do baptisms. He is full of faith and just a really kind guy. 

We met with Erik again and we showed him the Restoration video. I do not think we should base our testimonies on videos but man, the Restoration video is so good! I feel the Spirit every time right at the end. Erik found it pretty cool as well and we are trying to get him to pray specifically about this message. We meet regularly but as for his own witness, it has been kind of slow. We will get there though. 

One cool thing happened on Saturday. We met with a sister who got a talk assignment and she did not know how to write her talk. It was her first time and to be fair, her topic was a bit complicated. However, she asked us to come over and help her out. We got to meet her husband, who is not a member and we had a cool discussion on how our faith grows. To me, it was humbling to see a member reach out to her missionaries for something simple as a talk. I had hardly talked to her before but she still wanted our help. 

Recently we have been able to meet people right on the spot after we contact them on the street. One happened yesterday with Marco. He was very interested with his intellect but not so much with his heart. He still took the Book of Mormon and so we will see what happens. Another one happened today with Benno. He is also very spiritual and we were able to talk a lot about the Restoration. We will see him next week so hopefully things continue to progress. 

When finding goes successful and things start to pick up, I often get gently reminded from the Spirit that the Lord is aware of our work and that it is through His Grace that miracles happen. I am just trying to be an instrument in His Hands and I hope to be of good use. I love a line I read today in 2 Nephi, "I know in whom I have trusted." Over my mission, I have seen the Lord's influence in small, simple ways but it makes such an impact. If there is any good impact I see in the lives of others as I serve, I know that it is the Lord behind the scene and I am just one more link in the chain. 

"Trust God and believe in good things to come."  Elder Holland

Elder Evans 

 Sharing sandwiches on the street

 Went to the Hard Rock Cafe to celebrate my Birthday!  

Comments

Popular Posts