Week #74 I Saw A Peacock Today!

Yes I really did! It was on our hike today and they had some cool birds at this pond. We walked by another staircase and there was the peacock! I just thought that would be an interesting subject line...

The Peacock

Anyway, this week was good. We taught a new guy named Eric this week. He is from Germany and his interest in God kind of came on his own. He is not too much older than us but he told us that he believes God knows who he is because God created him. I thought that was a really cool expression of faith. We meet him again tomorrow to give him a Book of Mormon.

We also found a returning member this week. His name is Nicholas. He was baptized a few months before I came on the mission. He was moving around and contact was kind of lost. We stopped by several times and no answer. We called several times and no answer. One night we called him and I was just praying he would answer. To my surprise, I heard his voice over the line and he invited us to come by a few days later. We did and he is really cool. He said he was in Ghana for a bit and he saw the temple. He then asked how he could get to the temple. We invited him to practice the lessons with us and to keep coming to church. He kept his promise and he stayed for the whole time. When I am around him, I always feel so happy. He is just a very loving guy. 

Christkindlmarkt

We visited an old folks home this week. It was just the four missionaries, the Bishop, and his son. We sang songs and played games with them. It was really fun to play with some of the elderly ladies there. To be honest, they did cheat a few times but all for fun :)

We did a presentation at church this week about our bike display. The idea behind it was to show the members that using the bike will really help the missionary work here and that they can participate with it as well. I think the whole presentation went fine. Sometimes I catch myself saying things I did not plan on saying but they helped a lot. I definitely felt the Spirit guide us as we talked about the Fahrrad. 

We also met some more Americans this week at church. What great people. It is kind of weird to meet people fresh from America though. A different but good feeling :) 

 Note from mom:  Those American visitors sent the above two pictures to me.  With the following note: "A little Christmas picture for you.  Your son did such a great job in Sacrament translating for us and playing the piano!! What a wonderful young man!" 


We also met with our friend Chi Lau today. Our focus was on the Plan of Salvation. As we were teaching, I realized how much God wants to help us grow and progress. In the end, we will be where we are most comfortable but the Plan is there to reach the best joy/potential possible. It was also cool to see how the Plan is really there to help us win, to help us succeed. We really are never alone in this effort if you think about it. It truly is touching to know that God has placed a lot in our paths to guide us along. The Savior, the Holy Ghost, family, friends, gospel principles,etc. The whole Plan just gives me a lot of joy and hope so that is why I love to share it!

I love you all so much! Have a wonderful week! 

Elder Evans 

A dungeon we saw on our hike 

A big snow field we saw on the hike 
Germ KnödelIt 
It's a dough ball with plum jam inside. T
hey pour vanilla sauce over it with sugar and crushed poppy seed. It's soo good! 

Comments

Popular Posts