Week #62 What a life!

Hey how is it going?

This week was good and fast. I am so excited to share some cool experiences with you guys!

We had an exchange this week with the Wien 3 Elders. I was with Elder Bushman. He also has a twin brother serving a mission! I have worked with him a bit on the mission and he is a great guy! We met with our friend Phillip, who moved here from the Netherlands as a kid. We talked about how the church of god should be and how one can come to know God. He ended up taking a Book of Mormon in Dutch which was pretty cool. During exchange, we also met our friend Enrique. His Spanish is better than his German but he is way cool. He does boxing for fun and he is a funny guy. We are trying to get a joint teach so he can understand the lessons better but Google translate will have to do for right now. 

Overlooking Wein 5


We also got to teach English course this week. We met two cool guy who are doing their PhD's here and want to improve their English. They were really nice and eager to learn. They said they would take Books of Mormon next time because Persian is better for them. We were lucky to meet them because we taught on a different time than we were scheduled so I enjoyed that tender mercy!

We met with Reinhard again this week and taught the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Reinhard is a very nice guy and he is showing more interest as time goes on. It blows my mind that I found four months ago... Crazy...

On Saturday, we met with Raman, Obad, and Halina. Raman was found by Elder Buss on a tausch and we were finally able to meet with him. I felt like we taught a really good lesson but he told us that he did not have any interest. His excuse was that he is not very religious. We later met Obad and he took a Book of Mormon in Arabic. I found him with Elder Jensen on our first day together. He has been open to meet and we will see what comes from future appointments. The last meeting has a cool story behind it. Halina moved here from Poland awhile back and she told her friend a few weeks ago that she wants to be baptized. She has met missionaries before but now she says she is ready. We have to work with a translator because she understands more in Polish. We teach simply and then her friend translates. We were able to put her on date and I think she will make it! She is very nice and it is incredible to see her open up to the Gospel.

I am kind of amazed of the diversity I have seen this week. We taught to people who can do Spanish, Persian, Polish, Dutch, Arabic, English, German, and maybe some others as well. Another tender mercy I saw this week. 

Do you guys remember the 21 day Book of Mormon challenge? We are sharing it with the members by coming by for 30 minutes and giving a spiritual thought. We started it this week and it started well. I find that members are trying to find time to study the Book of Mormon but sometimes we need a bit of guidance at first. I think this is a good way of how we can improve our study in the Book of Mormon. Study a chapter or less with a question and reflect on the truths you learn can change your life. I will finish it this week actually and I have realized how much better my study in the Book of Mormon can be if I put a little more effort. 

Yeah this upcoming week looks great too! Interviews,Moving Project, Teaching, Finding. I love being a missionary! 

In honor of BYU's big win last week, go Cougs!! (Thanks Buss Family!)

Something I have been thinking about this week is the part of the Lord's prayer that asks for our daily bread. There is a good video from Elder Christofferson about this subject and basically, the idea is to take life one day at a time. It can be overwhelming to think too far ahead but as we focus on doing what is necessary today, we realize what we really can do. Soon days pile on each other and the burden is somewhat lifted. Of course this is all made possible through our Savior Jesus Christ. He wants to help with our burdens but we have to make room for Him, so to say. Seeing the Lord's hand in my life daily has shown me how involved He really is but sometimes it means focusing one step at a time. 

Well, I sure do love you guys. I am sure lucky to have all of you in my life. Keep being the great people that you are! 

Auf wiedersehen! 

Elder Evans 


On p-day we went on a hike up to an overlook over Wien, here are some pictures from our hike!  

 Where I work!  


 Found a fun tree house on the trail! 


 Beautiful Wien!  


Comments

Popular Posts