Week #61 I love The Book of Mormon!

Wow, what a week! I hope you all had a great week as well! We worked hard this week and the Lord was very merciful to us this week. 

We had a service project with some members on Thursday. We moved plants around in their garden and layed mulch. We also pulled out a tree. They fed us pizza and the weather was perfect! Service projects are great :)

We did a bit of finding this week, both streeting and dooring. It was great talking to people about the gospel. I ran into an old potential and I was able to give him a Book of Mormon. We also ran into Reinhard after two weeks of no contact and we got to set up an appointment for this Friday. We also worked on contacting more people and we are setting up a few appointments for this week. 



I have not really seen this area be this busy before. Part of it is definitely Elder Jensen. He is an awesome missionary. He wants to be close to the Savior and he wants to work hard. I really like him. I think another part of it is doing dooring. In Wien, there is an awesome street where I have gone a lot for work. Sadly it is not in Wien 5. It is a good place to work and I have seen miracles but the work has been changing after we started doing more dooring in our area. It has been incredible to see. I have had to humble myself because dooring does not come easy to me but the Lord has been merciful. I still go streeting though. I won't give that up entirely, not yet :)

We met a cool couple this week. We met the wife over a week ago but she asked if we could return next week. We went by on a Sunday afternoon around 5 but they were not at home. We went dooring for 2 hours, came back, and met the husband. He let us in and he asked if we could keep it to ten minutes. We shared the Book of Mormon and kept it short but he asked if we could stay longer. We had a good discussion and we will be going back on Sunday! I am excited to see what happens. 

We also had zone conference yesterday! We learned a lot about the Book of Mormon and how to use it better. We discussed contacting people, the Millenium, the life of Joseph Smith, and also finances. It was a great meeting. The Spirit was really there. A line that stood out to me was from Sister Brown when she was talking about the Book of Mormon. She said that we should treat the Book of Mormon like emails from home. To me, getting emails from home is so exciting. I am so pumped to read them and I grab onto every word. And when I heard that, I realized how much better I could do at studying the Book of Mormon. I have been doing the 21 day Book of Mormon initiative and my personal study has been awesome. Spiritual ideas and impressions flow more then than at any other time of the day. Lines pop out to me and I am writing all that I learn. I am also trying to read the Book of Mormon in German and I feel the same Spirit, despite the different language. I love the Book of Mormon with all of my heart. I love that book and I am getting excited to read it again. 

I love you all so much! Keep it up guys! You are all fantastic! 

Elder Evans 


We visited Schönbrunn again but we went up this hill behind it and got a wonderful view of Vienna!





This is what was at the top of the hill.

Something weird about Europe is that you find grocery carts in the weirdest places. We found this on our apartment floor by our elevator.


Comments

Popular Posts