Week #60 Rainy Weather but Happy Spirits:)

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a great Labor day weekend!





My week was pretty good. Like the subject line says, rainy weather but we had a good time. Transfers happened on Wednesday. I saw Elder Buss off to Linz and then I picked up Elder Jensen later that evening. Elder Jensen is a really good guy. He is dedicated and wants to be a good missionary. 
Video of some of this week's rain (turn sound on:)

We have done a mix of finding and dooring this week. I have not done a lot of dooring on my mission so it has been an adjustment but it is for the best. We just talk to people in whatever way we can. If they will listen is up to them. Despite rejection, there are still little miracles and there is always positive things to be found! 

Elder Jensen and myself

We had a service project with the Zemp family. Brother Zemp is from Canada. We did a bit of yard work moving plants and trying to make the yard look nice. We are going back on Thursday to finish the bigger part of the work. For lunch, they gave us this big dough dumpling filled with plum jam. You put butter, sugar, and poppyseed on top. It tasted really good! 

Speaking of food, we had a grill party with our ward. It is not a barbeque because in Austria, you bring your meat. Before the grill party, we were out finding and we got super soaked by the rain. I did not help that I lost my umbrella but we are working on that :) Anyway, we had a good time eating, playing games, and talking with members. We have a good ward here in Wien 5. 

Sadly all of our appointment fell through this week. We heard some weird excuses such as rain or need for food. We offered to help fix it but the lessons still fell through. We still kept at it and we were able to keep working despite the lost appointments. 

I am not sure what else to report this week :). We had district meeting and I am still working on my visa. We checked out a cool garden and building in Wien. I think the name is Quartier Belvedere. Way nice place! 




For a spiritual thought, I wanted to share something that is going on in Europe. It is an invitation to read the Book of Mormon for 21 days straight. There is a paper with a question for each day and then a passage that answers the question. There is also a quote from a General Authority and questions to consider after you have studied the passage. I am going to send the English PDF to you guys and I hope you get to try it out! I have tried the first 4 days so far and I have learned so much! There were so many truths that I learned that I have not thought about before. When we put our hearts into studying the Book of Mormon, the Lord will bless us for our efforts! 





I hope you all have a fantastic week! Love you guys!!!

Elder Evans 


This was when I was messing around while Buss was packing. I found this boxing glove wrap and a Cleveland Browns t shirt. You never know what could be in a missionary apartment :)





Comments

Popular Posts