Week #58 Alles gut :)

Hey Hey! What's up? Sorry I did not get a weekly out last week. We had an awesome District P day but we left ourself almost no time to write emails. It worked out though. I am doing a lot better with my health. It turns out that it was something that I ate so my stomach was having issues. It was probably a Döner. I admit that it was probably a bad decision but I am still going to eat them. I am not going to let one time scare me:)


This week went really well. We got to see a few miracles. We have been experiencing low numbers recently but this week it got so much better. We got 11 potentials and 3 new friends of the church. It took a lot of work but the Lord blessed us for our efforts this week. 

One miracle this week was Naveed. He moved here from Pakistan a few years ago. He told his friend David that he wanted to learn more about the Bible so David sent him to our Institute Center. He even knew when it would be open. I have no idea who David is but he is probably a member and hopefully we can reach him some dayWe are actually meeting Naveed tonight and we will share with him the Book of Mormon. 

Another miracle was during an exchange. We got to exchange with the APs this week. I was with Elder Pickard for Friday afternoon. It was way cool to learn from Elder Pickard and to catch up since he left Wien. He was my district leader when I first got here. He is such a good guy. I would consider him one of my good friends on the mission. Well, we had a lesson with Reinhard this week. I met Reinhard in May and I have been working slowly with him as for teaching and commitments. In the lesson, Elder Pickard invited him to come to church and he said he would! And he did! Sadly he went to a closer ward but Reinhard has been showing more interest than I expected. I have never seen him so excited to meet with us. What a miracle!

We met this cool guy named Grant this week. He moved here from America and plans on staying here for awhile. He has heard about us and he had a lot of questions. We tried our best to answer and he said he would be willing to meet again! He is a really cool guy. I never thought I would have an American investigator but the mission is full of surprises. 

Yeah the transfer is coming to a close. Transfer calls are on Saturday. We will see what happens. I can't believe my next transfer will be my 10th out here. I have been in the field for almost a year now. In the moment, time was slow but now I am not sure how it could have been so fast. 

I love being a missionary. It is hard sometimes but I have come to learn that means that I am heading in the right direction. I don't always like it but I am grateful for what I have learned. The Lord has truly been merciful the last year. 

I hope you all have a fantastic week! Enjoy the start of school! 

Elder Evans 


 We visited Stephansdome for p-day. It is the massive church in Vienna. Before we went in, we ran into some members from California. They were on their way to Moscow. Very cool people.  Anyway, the church was great. I had already been to the top so the other Elders said we could look at the catacombs under neath. It was really interesting because there were real skeltons just sitting down there. When there was a massive plague, they just piled the bodies on top of each other and that is where they stayed. So gross. It was really cool to see though. 




 A cool sight on Mariahilferstraße 

A kid ran into me the other day with her ice cream. 
Luckily it did not stain but it had to stay there for the rest of the day

Bees in the apartment

Comments

Popular Posts