Week #55 I Love the Lord!

Hey! How was your week? I had a decent one for sure. 

We were able to meet with Zelim this week and talk about baptism. We had a good lesson but he is not interested in baptism. He is not interested in changing religions mostly. We are trying as a zone to invite people to baptism every week and that really is our job. We cannot give happiness to everyone but we can choose to be. 

We were able to get office chairs for our apartment! I have been on a wooden chair the last few months. The thing is that we had to bring the two big boxes across Vienna. First on a street car and then a big train and then carry it home. We then set it up and it was all good to go. When I sat down in my new chair, I realized that this was something that I would not normally do at home (move large boxes across a big city) but on the mission, I was totally chill with it. Yeah weird story but I can see that I am changing every day. Just in little ways. 



We went to Neumarkt for zone conference yesterday. We are going to do a Book of Mormon initiative in Europe and we also discussed our goals as a zone. It was also fun to meet other missionaries from the Salzburg Zone and see how they're doing. I got to see old friends from the mission which was great! 

This week in Sunday School, we had our typical discussion class with the part member families and the new convert. Our topic this week was forgiveness and one of the members asked how we as missionaries teach forgiveness. I shared how we followed the example of Jesus Christ and choosing to forgive. It is not always easy but like good things are, it is totally worth it. Things like forgiveness do not come in one day or maybe even in a week. It takes time but if our goal is to follow the example of Jesus Christ, we'll get there in the end. I have found that when I try to do the Small Things everyday, I find that I have accomplished bigger things in the end. The example of Jesus Christ is the best inspiration that we have and it is the example  that I'm trying to follow here in Austria. If there's anything I could say after my year on the mission, it would be that I love the Lord for all that he has done for me!



Love all of you! Have a fantastic week I remember you got a big friend in Austria who is your biggest fan! We will talk again next week! Love you!

Elder Evans



Comments

Popular Posts