Week #54 In the Lord's Hands

Hey everyone! I do not have a lot of time but I will try to share the best parts of the week with you. It went by pretty quick but I usually do not realize that until after the fact. Anyway...

I picked up Elder Buss at Wien Hauptbahnhof on Wednesday to start this new transfer. Elder Buss is very similar to me. He worked at Papa Murphy's during high school, did choir and theater, and now he is in this mission. We have done a lot of similar things. I have learned at the beginning of training Elder Buss that I have been relying heavily upon Jesus Christ and His Atonement this whole time. I knew I was but I never realized it until I started to train. Learning the life of a missionary is a big adjustment and I have been learning with Elder Buss how to do the Lord's work in effective ways.  

Picking up Elder Buss!  
Selfie at dooring 

We met Reinhardt again this week. He is still in 2 Nephi and a lot of his questions dealt with the plan of Salvation so we lead a discussion on that topic. He thought it made sense and even took a pamphlet to review it. 

We had a moving project this week as well. The family is in a tough situation so it was nice to help. We got to work with other missionaries and even speak German with one another. It was a fun way to  practice. 

Jonathan was also baptized this week! Sadly I did not get a picture with him but it was such a spiritual event. It is so cool that he made this decision on his own and stuck with it until the end. Now, he has to stay active but one victory at a time, right? I have been blessed to see 2 baptisms on my mission, both of them having nothing to do with my efforts. However, I really think I would not have witnessed those baptisms without trying my best to do my duty. God is so merciful, I love it! 

Today for P day we went to a member appointment and she treated us to a buffet! She gave us the idea of doing a musical group in our ward which I am really interested in. More on that in the near future. We visited Schönbrunn, a big palace in Vienna. It was my 2nd time but I got to see the back part and it is beautiful! We also got some of the best ice cream in Vienna. Overall, it was a great P day. 




Something that has been on my mind is never let unanswered questions overtake the faith we have. It is not easy to accept that we do not know why hard things happen and why it is difficult to understand the Lord's plan for us. Yet there is no one I could trust more than my Savior. As I have studied, prayed, and tried my best to follow the commandments, I have to come recognize little by little how trusting God is the safest option. It is challenging but still rewarding. Keep and share the faith. We all live by faith. What we need to do is put our the faith in the best hands-- the Lord's hands. 

Love you guys! Have a great week! 

Elder Evans 
Learning German Medical words at district meeting


At a member appointment before transfers



Small elevators cannot fit 3 elders and suitcases 



The German sticker means " Be happy God loves you!"


Comments

Popular Posts