Week #52 A European World Cup

Hey everyone!

Well, it looks like this world cup it's just for Europe so I wish America can make it but it looks like the European countries will have to do. I am not sure which seems to decide but I really like England so I might have to go with that.

This week has been interesting for sure. He found out this week that my companion Elder Mendenhall has to go home for medical reasons. I saw him off today and I will be with the Elders in Wien 3 for the week. Then transfers will come and we will see what happens. Lots of weird things have been happening since I left the Stuttgart Zone. I appreciate the chance to learn but it does not take away from the fact how things have been changing a lot. 

Last picture with Elder Mendenhall before he goes home


Other than that, it has been a good week. We met with Reinhardt after a month break. He is already in 2 Nephi and continues to meet with us. He admits that the book is hard to interpret which I can agree with. He also thought Nephi chopped off Laman's head but Laban is a different guy :) Reinhardt is pretty cool. He is showing a lot of good potential which is great. 

I got to go on a finding exchange with Elder Weisler on Thursday. Elder Weisler is such a good Christlike example and he knows how to do missionary work really well. We also taught Zelim together and Zelim agreed to meet more and listen to the 5 lessons we have. It was a good appointment. 
 A cool church in Floridsdorf (so I do live in Vienna but the suburb I am in is called Floridsdorf)

I also got to have an interview this week with President Brown. I really love how he leads this mission. He is so Christlike and loves what he is doing. We had a good chat about the mission and how we can help others come closer to Christ. 

We met a wonderful member this week. He really wanted to feed us and of course we said yes. He is trying to organize a few things in life right now and his apartment is full of things that he needs to clean out. Instead of a table, we had a wooden board placed on 4 boxes. It might not have been easy but he still wanted to serve. It was a good lesson for me. Sometimes serving requires us to do hard, uncomfortable things but the blessings of service are worth it. The Savior had to accomplish something overwhelming and it was not easy but it was worth it. In all acts of service, we follow the example of our Savior and his Infinite Love. 

Love you guys! Have a fantastic week! 

Elder Evans 

A church with statutes of the 12 Apostles 
A statute of Mozart 
Goethe! I guess he is a German poet?? 

Comments

Popular Posts