Week #49 Vienna Vikings!

Hi everyone! 

Yeah, for the subject line. I found out this week that Vienna has an American Football team: the Vikings! I was way excited to hear that. I am hoping to find a T-shirt today. So yeah, for random subject lines, go Vienna Vikings!

Also, a funny story I forgot to tell. When we were at interviews two weeks ago, President Brown sat down next to me and told me to ask him anything. I clarified that he meant anything and not realizing how serious he probably was, I asked him if he had a favorite football team. Yeah, that's what I asked :) What can I say? It is something I have thought about before. To my surprise, he likes the Denver Broncos so that was cool! Yeah, I guess I missed the point but still, cool story! I guess I have been missing football more than I would like to admit. 

Yeah, this week was good. We had zone conference on Wednesday and I learned a lot. We talked a lot about obedience and having the right perspective. We got tips for Area Book, daily planning, and not being content at where we are at spiritually. I learned a lot so zone conference was really successful. 


Our new district! We got moved over but the senior couple came with us so that I'd say nice!

We helped a brother in our ward move out this week. Nothing really special but I really do enjoy service projects. They don't come around too often, at least in my mission so it is a pleasure when the opprotunity arises. 

A few people we are meeting this week. One girl is Helena. She is from Salzburg but studies in Wien. We can only meet her once before she goes to Salzburg for the summer. Another girl is Rachel. She is from Holland(?) and she goes back next week as well but she is willing to meet. We also are meeting 2 former investigators: Toni and Zelim. Both are really cool guys who might have new interest in meeting with us. We will see how it goes. 

A lot of this week was on the street. I enjoyed it despite some of the difficulties. One of the people I talked to was a girl who had a lot of questions about religion and belief in God. It almost led to a bash but I asked her what she really wanted in order for her in believe in God. She talked about scientific evidences. I knew what she meant but I pointed something out which will be the spiritual thought for my email. Let's say I came to you with a desire to learn about the structure of the atom. I want to learn it in detail but I only have one condition: I will only use the Bible. I will not touch any science books, only the Bible. You would probably guess that I would not learn anything about the Atom. The Bible is great but it is probably better for me to use a scientific textbook in order to learn more. It is the same with spiritual questions. We can't answer spiritual things by also using scientific processes. Science can definitely testify of God's existenceand work together with religion. If we want to get to know God more and expand our knowledge about spiritual things, we have to use spiritual resources, prayer and scriptures for example. 

I hope you all have a wonderful week and I will talk to you guys later! Love you all!

Elder Evans

We have an American store in Vienna. Mendenhall likes to go there a lot for Mtn. Dew. I saw the flag so of course I took a picture. God bless America

Comments

Popular Posts