Week #47 Well, I guess we are in June now!

Yeah, what a week. This week was hard. I can't give details but it was a struggle in some ways. Lots of stress and confusion. I am doing pretty good though. These struggles only make us stronger when we take it with the right mindset. What I can say about this week is that there were a lot of lessons learned. I also grew to respect some missionaries and leaders more than ever before. This week was been hard but it was also a good growing experience. 

On the positive though, we have been getting out a lot more to do morning sport. It is called  frühsport in our mission so morning sport just sounds weird to me. I get to go running more often and I play basketball with Elder Damron. We even met this Irish dude who loves Chicago Bulls and is upset because of that. Sounds like the NBA Finals is not very interesting this year. Oh, well. I like American Football more :) 

We got to teach two cool guys this week. One guy is Claudius. He loves the Holy Ghost and understands the importance of baptism. He is very strong in his faith so it was suprising that he wanted to meet. He took a Book of Mormon and said he would read. We hope to meet him again soon. We also met another guy named Reinhardt. He is a bit older but way nice. He asked a lot of questions about church leadership (particularly the Bishopric), church finances, our story, and mission life in general. It is just cool to meet people who are open. 

I got to meet some BYU study abroad students this week. They were cool since most were returned missionaries. They found us on a particularly hard day so it was cool to talk to Americans again. We even met this other American, who knows us from the Book of Mormon musical. She was nice but not interested. You hear a lot of English on the streets here.



We had a Special Broadcast for Europe on Sunday. We heard talks from Elder Hallstrom, Elder Kearon, Sister Jones from the Primary, and Elder Uchtdorf. The main theme was staying true to the Lord by being true disciples and strengthening our testimonies. It seems to me that the leaders of our Church want us to make sure that we are spiritually prepared for whatever comes. A big line from Elder Uchtdorf was that our testimonies should not be negotiable when circumstances are hard. It is our testimony and knowledge of the Plan of Salvation that gets us through hard times. What a time to be alive!

And transfers are also this week. Elder Damron is leaving Wien and I am getting Elder Mendenhall. He is almost done with the mission in a few months so I will get to learn from his experience this transfer. Hopefully things in Wien 5 start to take off soon. 

Another weird set of news. All missionaries in our mission are being interviewed by a Seventy this week. Except for senior couples. I have never been an interview with a Seventy so this will be new but I am excited to learn something from them. It is quite an oppritunity. 

Anyway, another week is coming up. I can't believe we are in June. It is weird that summer is so close. Onward, ever onward as we always sing:) I love you all. You are the best people in my life! Thank you for all you have done for me:) 

Bis nächste Woche!

Elder Evans 


A nice member likes to give food to missionaries. She asked if I liked Almdudler(a nice Austrian drink). I of course said yes and she brought a whole case. Well, I'm set for June:)

Saw this at a train stop. It translates to "Why am I here?" We ask this question to people on the street so I thought it was interesting to see


Last week, we went to Schnitzel Wirt or also known as Herbs. I had this really nice Corden Bleu. It was massive and there was also a side of fries. Austrians eat very well. 

Comments

Popular Posts