Week #39 God gave the Increase

Servus! I hope all of you are doing well! It has been a good week. Sometimes writing emails can be tiring but it is also cool to remember what happened during the week and that just fills me up with gratitude. 

Instead of a day by day report, I thought sharing some cool experiences in depth would be more helpful. Anyway, we had zone conference this week! I love zone conference. We discussed about being more obedient with time and also finding more. We also talked about having high love and high expectations for each other. That was great. We also got some dating advice from President and Sister Brown. I did not think that would happen for awhile but they did offer really good tips. 

We had a lesson with Kofius that same day. Kofius is from Ghana but he lived in England and now in Germany. He is really cool and really friendly. What was cool is later that week, he found us at our street display and asked if we could reschedule. He was really apologetic but I appreciate a reschedule rather than a no-show. We had a nice talk and it made me think about how being here on the mission has helped me find some really cool friends. And naturally I would not have met them if I did not come on the mission. The mission is truly wonderful. 

We also had a lesson with Blessing again. We read in the Book of Mormon with him and we only covered 1 Nephi 1. However, as we read, I felt such a love for the Book of Mormon. I do not know what I could do without it. I have also come to love 1 Nephi on the mission. I have been writing down little lessons I have learned from Nephi and his story and there is so much. Nephi is becoming a big hero for me. 

Yesterday we had FHE at the Institute Center. Our friend Shkar came! I am not sure if you guys would remember but he was the guy who was looking for a Christian church and he ran into us on the street! He came to FHE and he loved it! He actually shared how he met with the missionaries and then another member from Stuttgart shared how he had a similar experience and how it was an answer from God. The Spirit was strong. Shkar has been so grateful and he keeps asking if there are more activities to come to. He keeps saying, "I am so glad you found me." That always makes me happy. 

That leads me to the spiritual thought I wanted to share. Missionary work is often compared to planting or farm work. One scripture I found has really helped me when it comes to missionary work.

" I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase" (1 Corinthians 3:6)

To be honest, we have been able to teach a lot of people this week and it has been such a blessing. Meeting people like Shkar and Kofius is such an honor and yes it is cool that we found them but God gives the increase when it comes to spiritual growth. We, as missionaries, should plant and water all we can but we cannot add the increase. Only our Father in Heaven can. 

I think what I am trying to say is that the blessings that come in this life are given because of a merciful Heavenly Father. It is true that the scriptues that God is bound to his promises but He is merciful to extend those promises, to make it possible to have a Plan of Happiness! We are not entitled to anything but because we are His Children, because He loves us, and because we try our best to follow Him, He will ultimately bless us with what we need and with what can help us move forward. 

Love you guys! Gott sei bei euch! 

Elder Evans 

P-day at the Porsche Museum!  
I had never sat in a Porsche until today! 



Our finding area Konigstrasse!!! 

We give away Book of Mormons in many languages.  This on is in Thai!

Wurst Salat! It is a salad with bratwurst, cheese, and peppers 

Random plane we saw on top of a building. It might be a museum??

Comments

Popular Posts