Week #38 Victory through Jesus Christ, our Lord

Hi Everyone! Looking over this week, I am so glad that I have my journal. So many things happened that I would not remember if I did not write them down. It has been a good week, especially with General Conference. 

Watching Conference with French toast! 

We had some good lessons this week with Blessing, Jul, and Shehzad. Blessing is from Zimbabwe and he really loves the Bible. He thinks we need to take the Word of God more seriously. We are hoping to give him a Book of Mormon this week. We have been meeting with Jul for awhile now. We have been taking things slowly with him because his German is not the best but he still comes. He even reads the Book of Mormon in Portguese which is cool. 

The lesson with Shehzad was pretty cool. We have a soccer evening every Thursday night and we invited him to come. He loves to watch soccer but I think he was shy and he did not want to play. I took the chance to show him around the stake center and that started up some questions. At first he has not really been interested but once he saw the chapel, his interest started to grow. 

A lot of this week was finding. We have talked to a lot of cool people from all over the world. I was thinking about it the other day and I have given out Books of Mormon in English, German, French, Porteguese, Urdu, Arabic, Spanish, and Chinese. There are so many cool people to talk to and that is what we did a lot of this week. 

On Friday, people seemed to be a little more contentious against us. We ran into a few people who want nothing to do with God or us. Even some of the people who were probably Christian were really rude. It was sad because it was so close to Easter but it is part of the work I guess. It was discouraging at first but then we went to a different part of the road and we found 4 potentials. I even met this guy from America who admitted that he wanted more of God in his life. He was a really nice guy and if we gave up when we were discouraged, we would have never met those cool people. 
 Ice cream break during finding!

Selfie on Konigstrasse

At the start of my mission, finding was always hard. With German and just talking to people, finding seemed to be one of the hardest parts of the work for me. Then, I got two companions who really loved to find. I could not believe what was happening but now that they are gone, I am a different missionary. I love to find and talk to all kinds of people. For me, finding is a wonderful way to bear our testimonies and invite others to come to Christ. We can only invite but it is wonderful when people do take the invitation. 

General Conference was wonderful! There were so many new things going on. A new prophet, new apostles, new temples. Honestly, I have not seen the last session yet but I have heard about the ministering change and I love it! The big message I got from Conference is that it matters most how we serve. Position or location do not mean as much. The Lord wants us to care more about each other and to serve willingly wherever we are. 

Well, that is all for this week folks. I love you all so much. Thanks for who you are. You mean so much to me! Bis nächste Woche! 

Elder Evans 

Comments

Popular Posts