Week #36 Trust in the Lord

Hey everyone! Just reached the end of another transfer. Things are going well in Waiblingen. We got 3 new investigators! It was a good week for sure. 

For transfers, I am staying here and Hansen is going to Frauenfeld in Switzerland. It means field of women hehe but seriously, that's what it means. I am getting Elder Hine. He is from Idaho and has been out for 18 months or so. I am excited to learn from him and improve my German. 

Wednesday we met with a guy named Benjamin. He is a cool guy who stopped us at Bahnhof and asked what we are doing. He seemed interested at first buy at our lesson on Wednesday, he strongly disagreed with the premortal life and the Spirit world. He was also really negative about America and most of you know that I am very patriotic so I was not happy. Not sure if we will meet him again but another good learning experience.

Thursday we visited some members and a less active. The members had this really cool model train station. Hansen particularly loves trains so that was fun. We went on tausch with Heilbronn later that day. I was with Elder Letort, who is from France. I have worked with French, English, American, Danish, Scottish, Polynesian, and German. It has been quite a cool experience. We visited Ammon again and discussed the Pre-mortal life. Sometimes it seems so basic but it is so important! 
Elder Letort and I 





Friday we met Clemens, a guy I found in Stuttgart. He wants to be a preacher so I worries about bashing but he was respectful about what we believe and even took a Book of Mormon. His main question is how the scriptures become true for us. The Book of Mormon means so much to us but nothing to him. My answer is that we have to read. It only becomes more valuable as we study it. 

Saturday was transfer calls. We met with Schwester Geyer again to bring her the sacrament. We also met some more members and met up with Ruben one more time. He is friendly but he has no interest. 

Sunday was solid but I do not have a ton of time to explain. We met a referral from our friend Marion and we had a good spiritual discussion. His belief is that it is our responsiblity to find truth. His name is Piers and we are meeting again Friday. 
Sunday Selfie


Monday we met with Karl again. He is strongly Catholic but he has read a bit in the Book of Mormon. He has become a good friend and he even asked if he could come to General Conference! 

At the end of this transfer, I have learned how diligence is worth the effort. It may seem like the blessings are coming slow but they do come. I have also learned that the Lord knows what He is do. Some days it makes no sense but trusting on Him means waiting on Him and it is worth it. 

Love you guys!

Elder Evans

A protest in Waiblingen this morning

To answer your questions:
What is something you are going to miss about Elder Hansen? I will probably miss his German help. He is really good at German and knew how to help me out with the language. 

Are you exercising daily or just on p-day? I have been exercising every day and it has been helping. Sometimes I miss P day though. 

What do you love about your mission president? He has to be the most patient man on the planet. He has so much work to do with over 160 missionaries and a massive mission. Every time I see him, he is loving the work and his missionaries. 

What was the best moment of last week? 
When we were practicing music on Monday, Elder Larson and I started doing the Macarena. I am not sure if I spelled that right but it was really fun. We also broke into song during district meeting. 

Is there someone besides your companion you see every day? (neighbor, train attendant, store
keeper, etc) Because we go to Stuttgart a lot, I see the Stuttgart district almost every day. 


A cool stand with German crests



The snow returned


A cool motorcycle in Bad Canstatt 

Comments

Popular Posts