Week #28 He has Carried our Burdens!

Hi everyone! A rainy week for sure but it was good to feel some moisture for sure. I do not have a lot of time but I will try to cover the week really quick. 

A lot of this week was trying to find new people to teach. One of the best lines in Preach My Gospel is that nothing happens in missionary work until you find someone to teach and it is so true. The work on the streets can be exhausting at some points but you can see how much God loves His Children and how he LOVES to be merciful. Sometimes rejection is rough but I have learned that when rejection comes, that means good opportunities to change are being offered and people do not want to change. The Gospel brings us peace and joy but it can also make us feel uncomfortable by changing us and pushing us. It is a good thing and when people do not want it, it is a normal part of missionary work. 

(Hansen took this without me knowing. Just me contemplating missionary work and life in Germany!  And a cool building in Backnang. It might be a church)



We helped the Bishop with clearing up what he cut off his trees. It was a lot and not all of it could fit on the trailer but it was fun to be outside and do manual labor. We got some good food afterwards too so it was a good time. 

It was also really good to see the broadcast from President Nelson and the new First Presidency. The Lord really does lead this Church.  He is preparing His servants and His Church every day for the best that is yet to come. I love how humble and full of love the Brethern are. They love serving the Lord and they are great examples to follow. 

Today for District P Day we went to Ulm. Ulm was my first area so it was special to go back. As I walked along the street, I remember special teaching or finding moments that strengthened me as a person. During interviews, President Brown pointed out to me how some changes can only come from the mission. First, I am so grateful for President Brown. He is so great. Second, I have learned and am going to continue to learn that the mission is exactly what I needed right now. I am not perfect but I am so grateful for what the mission and the Lord has made of me so far. Still a bit of time left and so much to change but I am glad to know that the Lord was looking for me these past several months. 





I also want you guys to know that He is looking out for you too. He loves you and wants the best for you. Hold tight to Him and never let go. He knows your burdens and understands what it means to hurt. He has gone through so much for us. He is the most powerful person in the whole universe but He is also our greatest friend. Never forget it. 

Have a good week everyone! Tschüss! 

Elder Evans 

Picture with Sister Hunter a friend from High School serving in his same mission and zone! 

 When you wait for a train, you take funny pictures

Comments

Popular Posts