Week #27 I think we have done some good today!

Hi everyone! Wow, another quick week just flew by. The mission is such a learning experience and while there are a lot of hard moments, the blessings make up for the rest. 

Wednesday I was in Heilbronn with Elder Larson, our district leader. Elder Larson is very musical so we talked a lot about favorite musicals and music groups. We visited a less active and read some of the Doctrine and Covenants with her. We then focused on finding for the rest of the day. Sometimes staying on the streets for awhile can be really hard but you learn a lot about yourself and how to stay committed to the work. I don't know, sometimes it is very easy to see the negative in finding but when you focus on the good and rely on the Spirit, you can see a lot of sunlight in the day. 

Thursday we tried to visit a less active and do some finding. We also have had a lot of member appointments so we started making Thank you cards for Sunday. 

Friday was my six month mark. 25 percent of the mission complete. Still have a ton I want to improve on but I still have seen a lot of blessings and grow the last 6 months. We had a lesson with two girls in Winnenden. We met at a cafe and just focused on prayer. They had some interesting opinions but they liked the new principles we shared about God. We also watched President Monson's funeral that night. It was so sad but he has done so much and I am so grateful for him. One line that stood out was "I think we did some good today." I just saw it as a humble way to express how happy he was that God needed him and used him that day. Elder Hansen and I say that to each other after long days and it helps. It is helpful to know that God wants us to be a part of His work, even if it is just serving one person. 

Walking on the streets of Waiblingen, Germany

Saturday we made the rest of our thank you cards and went finding. We also got a call from the executive secretary on Friday that we had talks on Sunday. That was great news to hear hehe but yeah, we wrote our talks. Our topic is why we are on the mission. It was fun to write about why I am here after serving for six months. We visited Ruben that evening. He is great but has no desire to really do anything. We tried to get him to church but he thinks it is too early. We shared John 3:16 with him, testified that God loves him, and then said a prayer together. After the prayer, he asked for the address and said he would try on a different Sunday. I don't know if he will come but I am glad he took the courage to ask for the address. 

 Our Thank you picture to our ward.

Sunday was cool. I played for sacrament meeting and gave my talk. I also played for priesthood which ended up being kind of embarrasing. I chose "Keep the Commandments" but ended up singing alone because no one knew the song. Oops. Good to know for next time :) We also had a good meal with the Bishop and had fun with his family. 

Monday we had district meeting and we also did more finding. Yeah, it was a good week. Hard at some points but looking back, I wouldn't trade the world for it. 

Anyway, have a nice week everyone! Bis nächste woche! 

Elder Evans 

A few answers to questions: 
What is something you taught this week?  We taught Ruben last Saturday and we had the impression to focus on how God loves him. He has no interest in reading or praying but he keeps meeting with us. We tried church but it was too early for him. Anyway, we just focused on John 3:16 and then testified that God loved him and wanted him to be happy. The Spirit was really strong. 
What is a goal you are currently working on?  A goal I have currently is to read the whole Das Buch Mormon. I am in 2 Nephi. It is pretty good but I am slow and have to translate a lot. 


(Elder Hansen took some pictures of me reading and falling asleep during Scripture reading this week)





How's your German? German was a struggle. I still struggle to understand and talk. That makes things hard with members and finding. Even when missionaries are speaking German together, I just struggle to be a part of it. It is going to be a struggle for awhile but I hope it gets better. 
How do you think the mission has changed you so far? The mission has helped me see how happiness is a choice. You know, there are some days where German went so bad but I sit on my bed and I am glad how hard I worked, how hard I tried to do my best. Those kind of moments make me happy. The problem is trying to remember that lesson all the time. 


The double down from KFC. 2 chicken tenders as a bun with bacon and cheese in the middle. 
So good 

The horse butcher shop across from our apartment. I don't know if I will ever try it.

Otto von Bismarck. Some guy from AP European History but I cannot remember exactly what he did. Oh, well. Creepy statute though. 

Comments

Popular Posts