Week #22 13 Days Till Christmas!

Hello again! It is crazy that it is P Day already. I guess we had a lot go on this week and yeah, it just flew by. On Wednesday,  we had interviews with President Brown. I love President and Sister Brown.  They are absolutely wonderful. Later that evening, President Brown came with us  to an appointment with Godwin. We reviewed the Plan of Salvation and wow, it was awesome.  Godwin is so smart and President Brown is a great teacher. 

Thursday we visited with an investigator we have not seen in awhile. His name is Benjamin. We showed him the new First Vision video and I think he liked it. He said he only read a little bit of the Book of Mormon but he picked up on the quotes from the Bible.  He likes it so I hope he keeps reading.  

Friday we met with another investigator named Darlington.  He struggles hard core with priesthood authority and being baptized again. We asked him to pray with us about baptism but he refused.  I don't think he will ever do it but we will keep working with him.  

Saturday we had transfer calls and I am being transferred.  I am going to Waiblingen with Elder Hansen,  who is from Denmark.  It is in the same zone as Ulm and only an hour or so away but I am still excited. I am just so grateful to be out here.  We had our ward Christmas party which was fun. We sang a lot of German Christmas songs I have never heard before but it was fun. I have grown to love these members. It is hard to leave but I am good. 

Sunday was great.  Church was bitter sweet because of good byes but I am glad to see how far I have come. Luckily I can see a few more members this week before I go.  We had a Christmas music devotional in Stuttgart.  Before we got up there,  it snowed way hard and there was ice on the tracks which means a long delay. It was fun though. I was able to meet my next companion Elder Hansen. He is a hard worker and a nice guy. He even had a piano assignment to be ready by Sunday. I am excited of course. It is only one primary song so we are all good. 

Snowy Sunday

My hair is going white :)

Monday was mainly district meeting but we also had an appointment with an investigator. We met with Roland, a former investigator from a few months ago. He met with the sisters before I white washed the area. He called us randomly one day and asked if we could visit. Of course we could! He is a solid guy. He loves the Book of Mormon and believes in Christ. He met with our church when he was searching for the truth and found the church's number in the phonebook. He gave them a call and he has been in contact with missionaries ever since. This was back in 1989 but then again who does that? Cool people I guess. 

We went up to a Weihnachtsmark in Esslingen. They had really good treats and bratwurst. Yeah, Germany is a fun place. 

I was sitting on the train the other day and was thinking about transfers and my experiences here in Ulm. I really could not go without those experiences. It was a wonderful time in Ulm and I think I have grown up a lot. Some days are rough to be honest. Others can be absolutely wonderful. The life of a missionary is a complicated one but it is such a blessing to have the gospel of Jesus Christ. 

Hope you all are enjoying this Christmas season. It is a great time to be alive and to remember our Savior. Love you all! 

Elder Evans 

One last appointment with my good friend Bernie who has been investigating the church for awhile

Christmas Decorations! 


Comments

Popular Posts