Hi from Orlando!

Note from Mom: We had told Mason that if he was bored on his flight out of Orlando to write us an email telling us about his flight.  He has a tablet set up so it was easy for him to just type up a letter, especially since he is now a missionary and he can't watch the in flight movie.  Then when he gets to the MTC he can just send it cause they don't usually give a lot of time to send the first email home.  

Hi Mom and Dad, 

So I started this email on the plane but I probably won't send it until we get to Orlando. According to the flight tracker (as I am writing this), we are less than an hour and a half away from Orlando. It has been an okay flight. I think I slept for an hour but it could have been shorter. I woke up with a pain in my neck but it is wearing away now. I am feeling good and comfortable. I have eaten some food but not as much as I used to. I sit behind Elder Jones who is going to London. Two other Elders sit behind me but no one is on my row. Everyone is kind of asborbed to their own thoughts which is fine. There just isn't a lot of talking. Elder Jones, who is in front of me, is a really good guy. He actually has been talking to the lady next to him about religion. The hard thing is that she is really firm on her beliefs and strongly disagrees with some of our doctrine (i.e baptism by immersion), It is good that he is talking to her. 

We met some people from Logan who were so nice. So many people are telling me good luck so I feel pretty good. The lady on the back row to my right is LDS and has been really kind so I am glad to say that I am a lucky guy. The funny thing is that I guess I forgot that other people weren't going on missions and they are watching all kinds of movies. I have tried to distract myself but it is hard to try to remove yourself from the world. 

I met Elder Wiser and Sister Dautel. Sister Dautel is really funny and loves to talk to people. Elder Wiser and I are more in common than I thought. He is really tall. He just graduated high school and is going to my mission. He ran in cross country and sang in chamber choir! I really enjoyed getting to know him. 

I know this email is really long so I don't know if I am going to write a long one in England. I will quickly answer your questions but it won't be much more than that. Sorry but it is time to be a missionary. I will try to call but I need to keep it brief. I really do love talking to you guys but I need to be focused and I don't want to do more than I should. Oh, and I will be taking pictures when I get there. Just don't be disappointed if you get a view of the terminal in the Orlando airport;)

I miss you guys but I am excited to work. As I got on this plane, I had an impression that this is where I need to be.(Not the plane specifically but you get what I mean). Even if it means being so far from home, I am glad God is looking after me. 

Love you guys
Elder Evans 

Comments

Popular Posts