Week #101 Lessons Learned!

Well, it has been an incredible adventure. I thought it would be great and it turned out to be even better than that. I have learned how much of a privilege it is to follow the Savior and to share His Gospel. It was time well spent and it has changed my life. 

Below are 50 things I have learned while serving a mission. It is a tradition of our mission to have returning missionaries write these down and share them with our mission President. 

I have definitely learned more than 50 things and I can say the best knowledge I have received while being here is a better understanding of our Saviour Jesus Christ and his Atonement. I am still learning but what I do is that Jesus Christ is a very real person, who came to this Earth so we could experience eternal life. He is the Son of God, the High Priest of Good things to come. He is merciful, just, and full of love. All we share, all we teach revolves around Him and it is through Him and His Power that we will obtain our eternal potential. I know these things are true and it was a honor to share it with the people of the Alpine German Speaking mission. I know God lives and that this is the Church of Jesus Christ.  

Have another wonderful week! Until then!

Elder Evans 

1. Being confident in myself does not mean being perfect and that I can't rely on Christ. 
2. "Trust God and believe in good things to come" -Elder Holland
3. Going on a mission has brought me closer to my Savior and to a better understanding on what He has done for me 
4. God does expect my best every day but He also knows that I am not perfect and is willing to forgive if I am willing to change
5. Using time well is one of the best ways to be obedient. 
6. There is no room for comparing in the mission and in life. It either leads to pride or discouragement and we don't want either 
7. If I need to compare, I need to compare who I was in the past and see where I am now 
8. I have come to appreciate my eternal family more while serving a mission
9. President Brown only wants what is best for us. Sometimes it is a bit more obedience or adjustments to our work but trust me, it is worth following 
10. One of the greatest miracles I have seen is the conversion of other missionaries around me 
11. Speaking German as often as possible can make such a difference in the mission
12. Testimony is good and necessary but Conversion is the next step that helps us overcome challenges and doubts 
13. Doing studies well pays off in lessons and finding
14. My twin brother served in Chile. I served in Germany/Austria. The Lord had very different plans for both of us but it turned out for the best. God's plan is always better 
15. Joseph Smith is my hero. His example has changed my life 
16. Reading in the Book of Mormon every day can strengthen testimony and deepen conversion
17. I do not have the answers to everything but that was not the goal in the first place. My goal is to have faith in God and His Infinite Knowledge and love 
18. The more we talk about and testify of the simple truths in finding, the easier it is for the Spirit to be present
19. Never let a bad day define how a transfer will go. Things can change if we are willing to love and adjust 
20. Looking back, I did not like some missionary activities because I felt like I was terrible at doing them. Now I realized that I was growing and that I was not a failure. I just needed to be more patient with myself 
21. Eating out less can help you survive on MSF. 
22. "Often we assume that they must know how much we love them. But we should never assume; we should let them know." -President Monson
23. Repentance is a joy, not a burden 
24. "Blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed." (John 20:29) 
25. I am half way through my 50 things and I have only scratched the surface of what I have learned. The Lord has a lot to teach to his missionaries 
26. Christ helps us bear our burdens. As His disciples, we have the chance to minister and help with the burdens of others
27. Obedience brings more freedom than anything else. I am glad I found joy in being obedient 
28. You sleep better if you get to bed at 10.30 and no later 
29. Getting along with a companion is not always easy but it can be done through Christlike love
30. I believe Christ. I believe that He can do what He says He will 
31. "Spiritual experiences not understood by others will often be rejected, but their rejection does not change the experiences." Dennis B. Neuenschwander
32. Just because I grew up in the church does not mean my faith in God came by chance. Like everyone else, I had to do daily work to come to know God 
33. Covenants show our commitment to God. Best preparation for the baptismal covenant are the commitments for investigators 
34. What a privilege it is to follow the Lord's charge to teach all nation (Matthew 28:19). It does not matter where. Being a Missionary is a privilege 
35. We are allowed to carry the name of Jesus Christ. That means that we have to act in a certain way to represent Him 
36. The attitude that you have toward your mission experience is a reflection of your love toward your Heavenly Father and His Son and your respect for the priesthood" (Preach My Gospel chapter 8)
37. Always teach and find by the Spirit. There is no better way to do it
38. A morning routine with planning, sport, and personal study is a divinely designed way to start your way
39. When we sustain the prophet and the Apostles, we choose to sustain all that they give us. That includes the White handbook. Obedience is simply sustaining the prophet. 
40. I have seen fellow companions go home early for sad reasons. From all of that, I have learned that I am here to support and to help with burdens but I am not a Savior. The Savior has already provided a way for them to repent and come home. My job is to support them on that path 
41. I want a marriage like my parents and the Browns someday. Full of Love, respect, and trust 
42. When something to be done is hard, do it for Christ. Remember the hard things He has done for us. He should always be the reason for serving a mission. 
43. "The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you" (John 15:29). We are no better than the Savior so rejection is part of the job. Don't let rejection get to you. 
44. "“A loaded train doesn’t jump the track." The burdens of life can help us stay on track to return home to Heavenly Father 
45. One blessing of tracking finding hours is seeing where we can improve on using our time. Every week should be full of opportunities to share the Gospel 
46. In my journal, I write down three things every day for what I am grateful for. It has covered people, things, memories, and more. There are so many reasons to be grateful 
47. Seeking after daily personal revelation and the influence of the Holy Ghost should always be our goal
48. Jesus Christ lives. He is our Savior and Redeemer. He leads His restored church 
49. Loving the mission and the work is a choice, not a coincidence 
50. It was a honor to be a full time servant of Jesus Christ. It is a honor to be a part of His restored church 

Selfie with the Ausstellung


Another selfie with the Ausstellung 


 Appointment with Zac



Last selfie with Elder Parker

A story I will have to telly you later.  

Comments

Popular Posts