Week #45 The Power of the Holy Ghost

Hey, what's up? I don't have much to say this week. This week was busy with work but nothing too special. The thing about Wien 5 is that we are on the outer part of Wien so whenever we go finding in the city, they will become investigators for other missionaries. We still go because there is not a lot of finding opportunities in this area. We tried dooring but dooring is not the most effective work in this mission. It is still cool to find in the city though. I met some cool people from all over the world. Spain, Sweden, America. I met a girl from California who sings Opera. That was pretty cool. Another girl from Sweden was really impressed by our missionary work so that felt good. Even though we can't meet with them until the end, it is still so cool to meet them. 

Also, the ward here in Wien 5 is so cool. We have some members who are really smart in the Gospel and they are interested in our work so that helps. We had dinner with one family called the Byrnes. The dad is in sales and he was telling us all these stories of him traveling the world and doing sales. The family was really cool. Also, we got blueberry muffins so that made my day:)

We had an exchange with the International Elders this week. I worked with Elder Hawkins from England. He is almost done with his mission and he is still motivated. He taught me some cool stuff for finding and doing missionary work. On our exchange, we had a lesson with a guy called Akmed. He also brought a friend. I thought that was pretty cool until we realized that the two of them needed two different lessons. They belong to different religions so their concerns were very different. Hawkins worked with the friend while I worked with Akmed. It was a bit messy but we got a good message across. They belong to the International Elders so we will see what happens. 

On Sunday, I got to conduct music again:) It is actually kind of fun but the last hymn was the Spirit of God and my arm was getting tired. Luckily, all of the hymns were in 4/4 time signature. If we get a 6/8, I am in trouble. I am trying to practice more during the week. I would expect they will ask me every week to conduct music so I downloaded a small book about conducting from the Church. I am really glad to have this opprotunity to serve the ward. I just did not realize it would involve conducting music:)

Yesterday it was a holiday but we had two service projects to keep us busy. The first was a member family. We built a sand box and then digged the hole for it. We did not get to see the project to the end but they might ask us to come back. The next project was helping clean a member's yard. Yeah, I am still pretty sore from all the work but service is the best! 

Something I have been thinking about this week is the Holy Ghost. That was the topic for sacrament meeting and it seems that there is a bigger emphasis to listen to the Spirit more. I was thinking about Alma the Younger when he was harrowed by his sins. It was really difficult for him to feel joy until he was reminded by the Spirit of what his father preached, a message about Jesus Christ. It impressed me of how the Spirit couldl still reach Alma even though he was very far from God. The Holy Ghost is more powerful than we might think. Yes, it is a still, small voice, but He can still reach us in the hard moments. If I could leave an invitation this week, it would be focus on listening more to the Spirit this week. I have tried it with personal study recently and it really helps. There is nothing so sweet like learning from the Spirit. 

Alright everyone. I hope you are all doing well. I am doing great. The mission is changing me and changing the way I think. It has been wonderful to serve in the German part of the Lord's vineyard. Love you all! Talk to you next week!

Elder Evans 

Elder Damron my companion and I 




Comments

Popular Posts